Common warts are small, grainy skin growths that occur most often on your fingers or hands.
Common warts usually occur on your fingers or hands and may be:
- Small, fleshy, grainy bumps
- Flesh-colored, white, pink or tan
- Rough to the touch
- Sprinkled with black pinpoints, which are small, clotted blood vessels
When to see a doctor
See your doctor for common warts if:
- The growths are painful or change in appearance or color
- You’ve tried treating the warts, but they persist, spread or recur
- The growths are bothersome and interfere with activities
- You also have a weakened immune system because of immune-suppressing drugs, HIV/AIDS or other immune system disorders
- You aren’t sure whether the growths are warts
Alternative medicine for warts
The following alternative treatments have worked for some people, but no evidence shows they’re any better than salicylic acid and cryotherapy:
- Zinc. This is available as an ointment you apply to the wart or as a pill. The oral form may be particularly effective in people with a zinc deficiency.
- Silver nitrate. This is available as a solution or ointment you apply to the wart.
- Smoke. Some people showed benefit from treating their wart in a “smoke box” with smoke from burnt leaves of a type of poplar tree called Populus euphratica.
- Chistotelo Wart Removal Wart Removal Chistotelo is the ultimate solution for geting rid of warts. This is an inexpensive medical treatment, rather then a costly aesthetic procedure. Chistotelo cures skin growths caused by HPV (human papilloma virus) in the comfort of your home, using only natural cure. Chistotelo ultimate wart removal product effectively treats warts.